We understand the pain associated with back pain. Therefore, we provide chiropractic treatments to help you overcome back pain. Instead of using painkillers and surgery, we use natural methods to treat your pain. So book an appointment today, and your pain will be a thing of the past.
Causes of Back Pain
Are you wondering why your back is in pain? If you have back pain that doesn’t go away after a few days, don’t continue subjecting yourself to painkillers. Instead, book an appointment with our chiropractor for pain relief. The common causes of back pain include:
- Sciatica: What’s the longest nerve in your body? If you said the sciatic nerve, you’re right. This nerve runs from the lower back down to your legs. When pinched or irritated, you may experience pain.
- Disc herniation: Your spinal bones are separated by rubbery cushions acting as shock absorbers. Due to injury or disc degeneration, the spinal disc may move out of position, pinching a nearby nerve. As a result, you may experience pain, numbness, and tingling.
- Scoliosis: While mild cases of scoliosis may not exhibit any symptoms, severe spine curvature may cause back pain and limited ability.
- Poor posture: If you sleep or sit in an incorrect posture, you may put pressure on your spine, resulting in back pain.
- Injuries: Car accidents, sports, falls, and slips may injure your back structures, resulting in pain and limited mobility.
- Osteoarthritis: The gradual wearing out of the cartilage that lines spinal joints causes bones to rub against each other, leading to pain and stiffness.
- Spinal stenosis: The narrowing down of the spinal column may put pressure on the spinal nerves and other structures, causing pain.
Chiropractic Care for Back Pain
Patients suffering from back pain shouldn’t continue dealing with it. Chiropractors provide effective methods of treating back pain. We use the procedures below to address back pain:
- Chiropractic adjustments: Spinal manipulation aligns your out-of-position spinal joints, which helps kick start your body’s self-healing mechanism.
- Spinal decompression: This treatment uses a traction table to stretch your spine, which reduces pressure on compressed back structures.
- Therapeutic massage: If you have tense muscles and joints, massage therapy can help reduce pain and inflammation.
- Stretching exercises: Chiropractic exercises help strengthen your core muscles to avoid future injuries. Stretching exercises also reduce stiffness and pain.
Schedule an Appointment Today
Are you suffering from nagging back pain? Whether your pain is acute or chronic, you are in the right place. At Rockefeller Health Medical, we have the skills, technology, and experience to help you overcome your back pain. We serve numerous areas, including New York, Midtown, and Midtown West, NY. Call us today at (212) 388-5050 or (212) 499-9110.